Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Making It


So for about 8 years now I have been trying to "make it" in the Worship business.  Here recently God has been doing something new in my heart.  He has brought me to a place where I am trying to define "making it".  Is it having a recording on the charts?  Is it being full time?  Is it being at a big church like most of the Worship Leaders I listen to (except for Hugh Cooper who is one of my mentors who is also at Journey)?  I must say...I always thought I knew the answer to this question...now....I'm not so sure.  I mean, I lead worship every Sunday.  I write songs and get to use them in our services.  Sure I don't get paid enough for leading worship to make a living on, but is that the definition of making it?  I don't know...maybe there is a certain salary you have to make to be considered made.  Or....maybe....just maybe....the process of aligning your heart with the heart of God, and doing what God has called you to do week after week...maybe that IS making it.  I don't know...

No comments: