Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Journey Communion Service


Wow!  So Sunday night was the joint Communion service with Lifesong Church.  What an amazing time of worship and reflection we experienced.  I almost couldn't sing Oh The Wonderful Cross after three of our men carried in a 200 lbs cross and hoisted it up in front of the stage.  As I watched our people watching what was unfolding, I again was taken back to what it must have been like when Jesus held the "first Communion service".   I want to recapture the feeling of knowing that His Body and Blood would soon be sacrificed!  I want to capture the urgency that we must regain that this world needs to know of His blood sacrifice.  

I left Sunday night on a major high!  Then, I woke up Monday morning and laid in bed for a few minutes, replaying the night in my head.  Then...it hit me....what had we REALLY accomplished?  Cool service?  Good music? a time of reflection and celebration? a good flow? a few pats on the back?.... What did it all mean?  NOTHING!  unless at least one person is different this week in their perspective that their lives on earth mean nothing compared to the greatness of know Jesus and spending eternity with Him.  I pray it was not wasted!

No comments: