Monday, May 11, 2009

sunday

Hope you guys had a great mothers day yesterday.  We had...a busy one!  Journey went great yesterday.  I was a little nervous at 10 when there was like nobody there!  Then at about 2 minutes after everybody started pouring in.  Guess everybody was taking it slow on mothers day.  We had a fun set yesterday.  Started out with David Crowder's version of O For A Thousand Tongues.  It has such a folk sound to it.  I almost broke out in river dance (not really).  Then Al joined us and we did a southern rock version of a bunch of older hymns (I'll Fly Away, There's Power in the Blood, I saw the Light, and Will the Circle Be Unbroken).  Everyone seemed to enjoy it.  Then we closed with Kristian Stanfills version of Jesus Paid It All.

Then Heather, Lance and I had to pack up and get to the Cobb Galleria by 2 to help with Passion City Church.  We set up 3,000 chairs within 45 minutes.  It was pretty cool.  I got to sit in on Chris Tomlin's practice and sound check.  It was great.  I learned a lot.  Then when it got about time for the service, I was assigned to check id's for access to the green room.  I got to talk to Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Kristian Stanfill, and all of Tomlins band.  It was great!! I got to introduce Heather and Lance to Kristian.  Heather was pretty psyched!

No comments: