Tuesday, May 5, 2009

extravagant worship


we are currently in a money/priorities series at journey.  this is going hand in hand with the crazy love series.  in a few weeks michael is preaching on the widows mite.  here is a song i wrote for the service.  

sitting in the lap of luxury
looking down our nose at their poverty
our bank accounts, 401k
putting away for a rainy day

stocks and bonds and louie vuitton
from mall on the weekend to the hair salon
we runneth over our starbucks cups
10 bucks in the plate that should be enough

but can't you se her, walking thru the crowd
the money grubbers they act so proud
but Jesus saw her, two mites she gave
to the deceitfulness of riches she was not a slave

I want to be just like her...extravagant worship
i wanna leave the cares of this old world behind, and extravagantly worship You

two things i ask remove lies far from me
give me neither riches or poverty
feed me with the food that You've alloted me
so i won't be full, and forget that You are God

I want to be just like her....extravagant worship
i wanna leave the cares of this old world behind, and extravagantly worship You

No comments: