Monday, April 6, 2009

Yo...What a busy week last week was!! Wow!  I was ready to get it over with.  But anyway, we had a good service yesterday.  Here is the list;

Hallelujah!  What a Savior
No One Like You
Beautiful the Blood
By His Wounds

We closed with By His Wounds while the church did communion.  It went pretty good.  Of course anything that you have to keep repeating due to not knowing how long you are gonna have to play it has it's own challenges, but for the most part pretty good.

Finished reading "Jesus Wants to Save Christians" by Rob Bell.  I did not like the book very much.  The thoughts were too random and never came full circle.  Velvet Elvis was random but got all wrapped up in the end.  I really don't know what the intention of this book was...you know...what I'm supposed to do with the information.  A few parts ticked me off pretty bad.  Some very Un-Patriotic themes in there.  The parts of the book I liked were talking about the church in exile.  Much like the exiles in the Old Testament.  My favorite quote..."Jesus wants to save the church from the exile of irrelevance."  That I like...and agree!  But for the most part I do not recommend it.

Looking very forward to this weekend.  I'm volunteering at the Good Friday service at Verizon Ampitheatre with Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman.  And I can't wait for Easter Sunday service.  I love the stuff we are doing and I love a packed house!!

See ya next week

No comments: