Thursday, December 11, 2008

So I finished "Crazy Love".  Man, I have never been impacted by a book so much!  And the amazing thing about it is that all it really did is pointed you to scripture that I have read for years!  I just had the wrong perspective as I read it all this time.  I mean things that I just thought were for the church of Jesus time that were never...how to say...rescinded or done away with.  I always thought that it was OK to live in the burbs, have a good paying job, have 2.5 kids, a pension, investments and nice cars.  Now...I just don't know...how does that line up with what Jesus commanded us to do.  How do we slice that when the early church sold all that they had so that none were in need.  How do we put our current lives up against that and come away as obeying?  How do we settle into being luke warm "christians"...first of all, what gives us the term luke warm "christians"?  There is nothing "christian" about being luke warm.  God said that He would spew us from his mouth!  How do we call that "christian".  How do we live our lives day in and day out buying all of our pleasures and passing by homeless and hungry?  I just can't do it anymore.

I know this sounds cliched...you know...feed the hungry and homeless.  But I don't think Jesus meant it as a tired cliche to just ignore.  I mean...I want to feed and clothe Him.  Just like He said.  The only way I can do that is to do it for those in need.  

I am really trying to come to grips with all of this.  My dream has always been to lead worship at a big church with a big budget that can put on big services.  Now...I'm not so sure that is a worthwhile dream.  Now...I'm just not sure about anything that I have held dear for so long.

No comments: