Monday, December 1, 2008

Crazy Love


So I'm reading a book called "Crazy Love; Overwhelmed by a relentless God" by Francis Chan, who is now my new hero.  This guy and this book have me completely re-thinking everything I think about doing ministry and doing life.  The book is basically talking about how we have perverted what follower of Christ should look like.  I really can't put into a blog right now what he is saying because my head is still spinning and trying to slow down enough to wrap my heart around these truths.  But I can say, that no other book besides the Bible, has impacted me the way this one has.  There are changes going to be made in my life because of the Scripture that he expounds on and leads you to in this book!  My life has been safe so far, job, house, retirement...well that is going to change!  I want my life to look like the life that Jesus called the disciples to!  I'll just give you one quote from the book right now that I almost can't flip the page past..."Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers."  Chew on that one!

No comments: