Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Beautiful Fight


    I am currently reading "The Beautiful Fight" by Gary Thomas.  It is dealing with the issue of surrendering to the transforming presence of God every day of your life.  WOW...the idea that we can "experience" God in our everyday walking around is a concept that blows my mind.  I reduce God to "showing up at ....i don't know....BIG things.  Events, conferences, worship services...wherever Billy Graham is preaching!  But,  every day...  How?  You mean i can experience being with God when i am mountain biking with my wife and son?  sitting in a carpool line?  typing this?  If so...this may really change the way i view my everyday life.  

much more to come on this amazing book i am reading.

Oh yeah...school started yesterday and it was my sons first time in public school....3rd grade.  He had an assignment centered around getting to know the students.  One of the questions...What is your favorite book?  His response....The Bible!   yeah!!!!  I felt it as my first victory as a parent, that he somehow is getting this thing called life at an early age.  Oh yeah...another question....What do you want to get the most out of this year at school?  His response.....Lunch!!  Well...at least I have the Bible thing going for us.


No comments: